Why mobile? Why now?
So you've invested a lot of time and money into your website. It looks great on your computer monitor. It's loaded with information, great photos, and it's well designed to generate inquiries and/or sales. So your work is done, right?
Hold the phone!
Have you thought about your mobile users? Do you realize how many of your web visitors are reaching your by their mobile phone? Do you know how your site actually looks and functions on mobile devices?
Consider these statistics from Google Go/Mo:
- By 2013 more people will use mobile phones than pcs to get online
- Mobile search has grown 4X since 2010
- There will be one mobile device for every person on the planet by 2015!
Mobile users expect performance:
- 60% of mobile users EXPECT a mobile site to load in three seconds or less
- 71% of users EXPECT a mobile site to load as quickly as a desktop site
- 57% would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site
- 40% have turned to a competitor's site after a bad mobile experience!
- 95% of smartphone uses have searched for local information
- 61% of users call a business after searching and 59% visit the location
- 90% of those who visit do so within 24 hours of searching
- 50% of mobile searches lead to a purchase!